I needed a way to show random links on any web page on any of the sites I own. I'd been manually updating them as I created new sites or got rid of old ones, but it was tedious. SO being the good little robot developer I am, I decided to build a web app. LinkRotatr.com was thus born.
- Create an account (free)
- Add your anchor text and URLs (25 links for free, $12 a year for unlimited)
- Set if you want the links to be rel=nofollow
- Set 2 variables (# of links to show and the HTML you want before the text)
Now every time that page load, it will pull random links from your LinkRotatr account and display them on the page. If the page is not a static HTML page, then the links will be visible to search engine spiders.
There are a couple of things you could do with this:
- Sell links: if you have a popular site, you can sell links, add the links to LinkRotatr with the rel=nofollow, then put the script to show the links randomly on your page
- If you have a bunch of sites this is an easy way to interlink them
- If you have a fairly large list of favorite sites, you could use this to generate random links for a a My Fav Links list
I'm sure there are other uses as well some people might think of.
So check it out and let me know what you think.