Wednesday, July 09, 2008

New Stuff

Didn't do much for a while there after converting SFReader to the DoNetNuke platform. It's been stable for a couple of months now. I had some problems with SQL injection, but was unable to identify the source. Ultimately I ended up writing a scrubber script that I call every few minutes.

The SQL injection problem was an epidemic. Many of my sites ended up getting attacked and I saw posts all over the web about similar injection attacks happening all over the place. I had to take a couple of days and go through my site, making sure I was checking querystring and form values, stripping out/replacing the single quote and performing the IsNumeric check to make sure values were valid. Since I did, I've suffered no more injections.

I've got two new sites up"

TagaSite.net - I've been having fun with tag clouds recently so I built a free web directory that replied on a tag cloud instead of the normal category selection almost all other directories rely on.

Nollij.net - The name (pronounced 'knowledge') comes from Calvin and Hobbes. Nollij is a directory of freebies on the Internet: free samples, free trials, special savings and other unique offers. Another tag on my using a tag cloud classification system.

Check them out, let me know what you think.....

No comments: