Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Still at it - FastFoodMacros.com!

Yes, I'm still here and still coding web sites in Classic ASP, although most of the site I launch now I launch using the Wordpress platform.

It's a few months old now, but I'd like to present FastFoodMacros.com.

I call it the Fast Food Macros Database, and what I'm doing is gather the macro nutrition information on fast food offerings. You choose your restaurant and then tick off the items you want to eat. It keeps a running total of the fat, protein, carbohydrates and calories.

There's a diet plan out there that has gotten pretty popular called If It Meets Your Macros, which is a plan where you figure out your macros and pretty much eat whatever you want. As long as you hit your macros, you are good to go.

I built a pretty cool form for calculating you Total Daily Energy Expenditure too, since you need to have a starting point for calories to figure out your macro values.

I've been (slowly) adding restaurants and will keep pecking away.

For the technically minded, it's running on a virtual machine (Virtual Box). I have a pretty robust workstation running Windows 7 with 32 gigs of memory and dual processor quad core processors.

I set up a 4 gig/2 core virtual machine and installed an old copy of Windows 2003 to be the Internet Information Server.

I set up another 4 gig/2 core virtual machine also with Windows 2003 and installed SQL Server 2008 Express edition that runs as the back end. SQL Server is the last MS SQL Server that runs on Windows 2003 BTW....

So check it out, let me know what you think!

No comments: